Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fliers and The Masses!!!

Okay, so here’s what happened when I went out to pass out fliers. I decided to go to a mall parking garage and stick fliers on people’s cars, its mid morning so people should be at work. I started out on the first level because I wanted to make sure that there wasn’t a “no soliciting” sign, didn’t see any so I proceeded... I was pretty nervous because I hate when people put junk on my car and I normally throw it out though there have been occasions where I actually look at it… but I digress. So I hit up a few car windshields on the first level and I noticed a guy looking at me, he was scoping out a parking spot and thinks I’m moving my car, I waved him off and kept posting fliers. Then I decided to move to level 2 because he walked by me and gave me a dirty look, probably a "don’t stick your flier on my windshield" look.
So, on level 2 now, wow there’s way more traffic up here then I imagined! Why aren’t these people at work!! I proceed to post fliers as quickly as I can, see another car following me slowly, “no I’m not moving my car”. So I do a few more fliers and see a “rent-a-cop” security guard in the distance. Great, just what I need. I pack it up and move out. Rent-a-cop doesn’t say anything to me and keeps walking. Thinking of going back there next week!! I love an element of danger!!
So I decided that a lot of people are out walking around so I start handing out fliers to people on the street and also when I pass parking lots with no attendants I stick a few fliers in some of the car windows. Then I see 3 women smoking on a park bench and hand them a flier, they seem nice and take it. Great!! Few blocks away I hand one to this lady who by her reaction I can tell it’s going right into the nearest trash can!! I keep walking and am getting really hot so decide to call it quits for the afternoon but will hand out fliers on my way back to the car. I pass this woman who looks lost and ask if she would like one of my fliers, she frantically waves her hands in the air above her head and shouts “No, No” as if I were attacking her, people are starting to stair!! Well this is quite embarrassing and very ridiculous! I think she’s hilarious though I don’t think she feels the same of me. Wondering what she thinks I will do to her with a flier, give her paper cuts until she hands over her wallet?? Goodness, I laugh (at her) and walk away. Okay I have to get off this block; no one will take a flier from me after that scene! So I turn right and head toward the metro station where I know there are tons of people. Pass out a few fliers and then see the same 3 women from the park bench and notice that they still have my flier! Great a potential client!!! At least something good came of this!! Well off to the next WAH (Working at home) adventure!!!


Check out my site for more info:
www.freedomathometeam.com/Fsteward

No comments: